Wedding season is just around the corner! Spring buzzes with hot new nuptial trends: fresh wedding colors, new ways to walk down the aisle, and truly unique wedding favors. Whether you're in the midst of planning your own wedding or you'll be attending a wedding as a guest, expect to see these seven wedding trends.
1. Black is back and bigger than ever. The hottest new color for spring isn't a color at all. Black wedding dresses were a trend way back in 2007. For the 2009 wedding season, black will partner with white for a super-chic European look (think Paris). Don't paint the town black (too depressing) - use it as an accent color in bouquets and table linens.
2. Country chic weddings. Been to a wedding lately? Don't wear heels; wear cowboy boots! Budget-conscious brides have been getting down on the farm. Why? Renting out a farm costs a lot less than renting out a ballroom and the scenery can be just as romantic. Picture the bride and groom going off on a hay ride and guests drinking warm apple cider. There's no limit to creativity with a country chic wedding: Have a Hawaiian-style barbecue, vineyard soiree, or winter wonderland wedding, sleigh ride and all. An untouched landscape means you can have whatever wedding you imagine.
3. Damask prints. This wedding season, you'll see more damask. It's an eye-catching, vintage-style print with intricate vines and flowers. You've probably seen it before on your Grandma's old couch. If you want to give your wedding that Old World ambiance, use damask accents. Black damask (remember, black is hot right now) over white makes a lovely and contrastive print for your table linens.
4. New ways to walk down the aisle. Many brides and grooms are walking down the aisle together, rather than having the father escort his daughter. It's the newest wedding craze and perfect for non-traditional brides or brides with blended families. Other new walk-down-the-aisle trends include the bride walking down the aisle by herself, having both parents accompany the bride, or the bride walking down the aisle with her mother. The only rule: It's up to the bride!
5. Something blue. Aqua blue paired with white or chocolate and navy paired with yellow, pink, or white are the season's hottest color combos. From wedding invitations down to blue-box wedding favors, every bride seems to be a true-blue bride this season.
6. The return of the wedding minidress. Super-short wedding dresses are all the rage this spring. The words "miniskirt-wedding dress," conjure images of that infamous frock in Guns N Roses November Rain video, but the 2009 mini wedding dress thankfully doesn't resemble that at all. It's a chic dramatic dress that nicely pairs with ankle-tied sandals.
7. Cherry blossoms in full bloom. Cherry blossoms are popping up everywhere in the spring 2009 wedding season. You'll see more Asian-inspired wedding favors, such as candles and silk fans and of course, cherry blossoms in the bride's bouquet and centerpieces. Cherry blossoms liven up the color scheme with a hint of pastel pink and add a special touch to your special day.
Source : http://ezinearticles.com/?7-New-Spring-Wedding-Trends&id=2309308